Region: Kullu Valley.
Duration: 3 Days.
Season: March to October.
Group Size: 15 Persons.
Maximum Altitude: 4472m.
Accommodations: 2 Nights In Camp.
Activities: 3 Days Hiking.
Meals: 2 Breakfasts / 3 Pack-Lunch / 2 Dinners.
Trip Begin: Manali.
Trip End: Manali.
Patalsu peak (4472m) is situated at the head of the Kullu valley. The trek begins in Manali and winds past the villages of Shanag, Burwa and Solang. On the second day of the walk we climb through a mix of apple orchards and pine forests. Along the trail you will get a first hand taste of authentic Kullu hospitality combined with great views of snow capped peaks.
HOW TO REACH MANALI
The nearest airport serving this beautiful hill station is situated at Bhuntar. Known as Kullu Manali Airport, it is at a distance of approximately 60 from Manali.
The road instead since there are some spellbinding picturesque views en route to be enjoyed. The destination has a good connectivity by road with cities like Delhi, Ambala, Chandigarh and Shimla serving as pivotal points. A number of bus services including private services like the very comfortable Volvo ply frequently from Delhi to Manali.
The closest railway station is Chandigarh (315 km) or Pathankot (290 km). You can make your travel bookings till either of these two cities and then take a prepaid bus or a cab till Manali.
- Panoramic & 360 Degree View of the Snow Capped Mountains.
- Trail consists of the most beautiful stretch of grassland in Himachal accompanied by an endless carpet of lush green meadows
DAY 01 - ONE HOUR DRIVE TO SOLANG NULLA (2560M) AND TREK TO SHAGADUGH (3550M) 4 – 5 HOURS.
The trek has a moderate ascend and goes through some dense forest of Pine and Oak trees. Watch out for sightings of Monals and Khaleej pheasants. The dense forest then leads to an open large meadow which is known as Shagadugh.
: Pack Lunch & Dinner
DAY 02 - SHAGADUGH (3650M) TO PATHALSU PEAK AND BACK TO CAMP AT SHAGADUGH 6 – 7 HOURS.
Today we start early and for the first hour we continue through mixed forest till we get to the base of the Pathalsu Peak from here we climb on steep exposed terrain for the next 3 to 4 hours to reach the summit of the 4220m Pathalsu Peak. All along the walk you get beautiful views of Shetidhar, Friendship and Manali peaks.
: Breakfast, Pack Lunch & Dinner.
DAY 03 - SHAGADUGH TO SOLANG NALLA , 5 HOURS.
We retrace our path via the Solang village to get to the road where vehicles will pick us up and drive us back to Manali
: Breakfast, Pack Lunch.
What is included in the tour
- The services of an educated Himalayan Yeti Adventure representative or escort / guide, well versed with native flora/fauna, topography & culture during the entire trek program.
- During the trek, all camping logistics and mules / porters/ to carry luggage. Participants will be required to carry only their day sacks with their daily essentials etc.
- Camping on twin sharing basis in 2-man tents, with foam mattresses, sleeping bags and kitchen tent, toilet tent etc.
- One Cook and camp helper/s with all necessary kitchen items, utensils etc.
- All transportation as per the itinerary, inclusive of transfers to the roadhead before the trek and transfer from the roadhead to Manali, after the conclusion of the trek.
- Boiled drinking water during the trek and warm water for personal ablutions in the morning.
- All meals during the trek program.
- Wildlife / environmental Permits and Levies, wherever required.
- All camping charges.
- Trek Briefing / debriefing & guides charges.
- Charges for following the global ‘Leave No Trace’ protocol.
- Insurance of the trekking staff
- Good medical / first aid kit with Oxygen Cylinders.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any accidental, travel or medical insurance. It is advisable for the participants to get themselves comprehensively insured before the tour.
- Any expenses of a personal nature.
- Any and all evacuation charges (medical or otherwise), or hospitalization or physicians consultation charges. Your own insurance policy should also, ideally, cover this.